Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Magical Bean Pot

What is a bean pot?  Only the most fabulous creation in cooking tools ever!!  And that is saying a lot coming from a woman who doesn't cook, or should I say didn't cook until she got her bean pot.  Sure I could make the basic things like soup, grilled cheese, mac n cheese, spaghetti but never in a hundred years would I think I would cook chicken.  I mean I LOVE chicken- any way it's cooked but I couldn't stand the thought of touching that uncooked slimy poultry.  But that all changed once I got my bean pot!!  A year ago this past December I received an invite from my sister in law to attend a Celebrating Home party.  I laughed and said my husband is the cook so he should really be the one to attend.  Well I went and low and behold I got talked into hosting a party.  I picked a magic date, received a bean pot for $5 and the rest is history.  This pot sits on my kitchen counter 24/7 unless it's in use.  I don't try to find a spot to store it because I'm constantly using it!!  In fact now it's become a chore to get my husband to let me cook chicken in it because he wants to do it all the time!! 

In this blog you will find just how easy it is to cook in a bean pot, recipes to use in your bean pot, how your bean pot is a conversation piece as well as my joy I have found in now selling Celebrating Home product.  Yes, you read correctly, I am such a believer that I now sell it.  And trust me, once you try it and start using it most nights of the week, you'll become a believer and want to join me.  But no rush....we'll talk about that later!

Facts about our bean pot....

Celebrating Home Bean Pots are available in a variety of styles.
  • They bake food wonderfully & clean up in a snap! 
  • A bean pot creates moist delicious food because it creates a stone oven and makes its own juice!
  • It also keeps food warm longer while serving.
  • It can be placed in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes and will retain its heat so you can use it to serve warm/hot foods. 
  • Since your Bean Pot is made out of clay it also retains coldness.  This means you can serve potato salad (or any other dish you want to keep cold) in your chilled Bean Pot.  Simply freeze it overnight and it will keep your cold foods cold for a couple of hours.  It will help keep your food cold while sitting at your table.
  • The Bean Pot also makes a wonderful ice bucket for casual dinners.  Simply freeze the bowl for a couple of hours first.
  • Bean Pots make wonderful gifts for weddings, birthdays, Christmas and other special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment